What is Intra Oral Camera?
- One of the many dental technologies utilized in assessing and curing oral health disorders is the intraoral camera.
- It gives you and your dentist a chance to examine the various kinds of structures inside the oral cavity.
- It is a device applied to capture pictures and opportunity to the dentist for better communication and awareness of the patient relating to his/her oral health disorders.
Intra Oral Dental Dentacam DLX Plus Camera
Intra Oral Dental Dentacam DLX Plus Camera builds medical processes simple and easy. It extends efficiency and reduces the time of each treatment procedure. It eliminates a patient’s doubts about the procedure by providing better communication between the dentist or his/her patient.
- 1/4 Color sensor
- High resolution (4 mp)
- USB 2.00 connectivity(output)
- Hand freezing software switch.
- Foot freezing switch also present.
- Less expensive and affordable cost.
- High power leds
- Warranty offered
- Buccale appearance of the final molar can be seen
- No battery/no power supply needed.
- Can be connected to a laptop and p.c.
- Can be viewed on the laptop’s battery without applying power source.
- Color as well as video settings.
- Software provided included:- Freeze and Store Functions.
How It Works:
An intraoral camera with a screen consists of an integrated LED light which enabled the dentist and the patient for:-
- Examining the teeth.
- Identifying Gingiva and other formations in the oral cavity.
The Dental intraoral camera is applied for recording video with the lighting and the camera is applied for taking images of dental health.
The Main Goal Of Using An Intraoral Camera In Dental Practice:
A smartly developed intraoral camera with a wide LCD screen as well as wireless connectivity gives chances to the dentist to work softly in the dental clinic without any harmful issues of the cord. It gives great accessibility in the patient’s oral cavity and helps them for easy diagnosis and process planning.
- Wireless 5G intraoral camera handpiece with huge LCD display.
- Double-sided camera button for easy surgery and treatment.
- Supports Apple/ Android and windows systems.
- Continuous operation till three hours.
- Strong Anti-interference abilities of the handpiece with stability.
- Transmission signal
- Easy Installations can perform in dental chairs.
In-development SD card for permanent storing of intraoral pictures.
The intraoral camera is among our favorite tools for communicating with our clients understandably. . . The most essential things I example are listed below:
- Deep Cracks
- Tooth Decay
- Oral Pathology
One of the hardest things for communicating to patients includes cracks over remaining restorations which consists of the large amalgam fillings and deep cracks on virgin teeth.
Superficial cracks can most of the times be asymptomatic which makes it hard for patients to get to know the potential consequences of avoiding these cracks untreated.
Fortunately, the intraoral camera gives us a chance to find these cracks easily and visibly to our patients.
- This is very far away from our favorite reasons to apply intraoral cameras.
- Radiographs provide our patients an idea of the extent of tooth decay.
- However, it is highly impactful to present a picture, for eg:- how huge decay expands.
Sometimes, we perform this during the procedure planning step; moreover, it can be impactful for taking multiple images throughout the caried excavation procedure.
This allows our patient to know the extent of the decay if it converts into many extensive treatment procedures, such as:- root canal therapy and extraction. This is also a very strong documentation tool if required after the treatment is complete.
During our clinical tests, we are sometimes shown with lesions that are available themselves on the smooth tissue of the mouth, which includes:- places under the ventral surface of the tongue/ the cheek/ the palate.
If the lesions appear unfavorable, we prefer to go to the oral pathologist and oral surgeon for biopsy; moreover, a slight dental photograph gives us chances to investigate the lesions further with our professionals. I always click a photo of all the lesions that look suspicious.
So must you purchase an intraoral camera and a dental photography camera . . . .
In our experience, we found both tools work for completely different purposes. The dental photography camera gives us a chance to click beautiful, highly qualified before/ after pictures of cosmetic cases as well as perfectly communicate to our dental laboratory when doing indirect restorations.
However, a real professional camera can click a few extra times to set up and includes a stepper learning curve than an intraoral camera.
The intraoral camera in dentistry gives chances to take random photos during our preparations and during the procedure planning process. The team can randomly learn how to click pictures fast and it can perfectly communicate treatment to patients by being suddenly illustrated on a monitor between our patients.